The Boscobel Education Foundation has been established to provide scholarships primarily to graduates of Boscobel High School to pursue post-secondary education at the college of their choice. The number of scholarships offered each year will continue to increase as the fund grows. The guidelines/requirements for applying for these scholarships are as follows:
- Completed Application (Boscobel students) or (Riverdale and Wauzeka/Steuben students – Oman Scholarship only)
Concise letter of application, stating educational career goals including any unusual circumstances as to why this scholarship would benefit you.
One letter of recommendation from a non-related adult.
Selection criteria: personal achievements, community involvement, unusual circumstances, future career goals, and letter of recommendation.
Recipients will receive scholarship money for the first semester of college.
Scholarship money will be sent directly to the college.
These scholarships are currently available through the Boscobel Education Foundation:
- Gertrude Olsen Scholarship (Education or Medical Field)
- Bernard Garvey Scholarship (Business, Agriculture or Aviation)
- Theresa Garvey Scholarship (Education)
- Steve Randall Scholarship (Education/Coaching)
- Everett C. Oman Scholarship (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) enrolling in state-supported, non-denominational schools.
- General scholarships (no specific course of study requirements)